BIND 8.2.3 release announcement

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Mon Jan 29 16:10:12 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 09:36:26AM +0000, Rainer Ginsberg wrote:
> Does this refer to the holes already patched with 8.2.2-P7 or are
> there new security holes since 8.2.2-P7 that are only fixed with
> 8.2.3.
> I.e., do I have to update immediately or can I take my time and do
> some testing before I update?

Lifted from a message from Paul on the NANOG list:
"[ is 8.2.2-P7 insecure? ] there are several major announcements planned
for monday. ISC wanted to get the new code on the street soon enough to
give people a running head start at upgrading.  (the root name servers
were all done last week, for example.)"

"immediately", or as close thereto as you can, gets my vote.

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's