bind: how to accept authoritative answers only?

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Sun Jan 28 20:42:25 UTC 2001

	Don't know if this is related or not, but I had a friend
	recently run into a similar problem.  He was running
	sendmail 8.11.x and BIND 8.2.2-p7.  Sendmail would
	refuse to relay mail if it got a non-authoritative answer
	from a server that was listed in a zone's NS records (ie the
	server was lame).  This was on Solaris.

-Tim

http://www.dnsconsultants.com
DNS and other network consulting