Upgrading from 8.2.2p7 to 8.2.3 database errors

Doug Barton DougB at gorean.org
Sun Jan 28 09:53:31 UTC 2001

Forrest Aldrich wrote:

> I can do this, sure.  But this doesn't address the problem... and I can't
> imagine manually editing 100s of zones.

	Of course you don't do it by hand.. you use a script of some sort to do
it, and hopefully introduce some consistency to your zone files in the
process. :) It's fairly easy to do in perl, I could post a script I
used, but as these things are prone to be my script is too full of local
particulars to be of general use. Besides, it's a fairly trivial perl
script to write.

> 8.2.2p7 and versions prior to 8.2.3 did not have a problem with our
> zones.  So, what changed and why?

	Apparently syntax checking got stricter. If you don't do a kill and
restart every once in a while, it's easy for additional errors to sneak
in unnoticed at times. Either way, it's basically impossible to be sure
unless you post some files and their related errors.

Doug