named.stats

Lubna Sorour lsorour at nile-online.com
Sun Jan 28 07:40:46 UTC 2001

It's the one that goes to named.stats.

Waiting for the release.
Thanks
Lubna Sorour

----- Original Message -----
From: "Danny Mayer" <mayer at gis.net>
To: "Lubna Sorour" <lsorour at nile-online.com>; <bind-users at isc.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 3:49 AM
Subject: Re: named.stats

At 04:25 AM 1/27/01, Lubna Sorour wrote:
>I've checked my event logs, statistics do appear there. Isnt there any DOS
>command that might do the same job as using the BINDCtrl panel?

         You can redirect the logging to a file if, that would help, by
using the
   logging statement in the named.conf file. I've had a number of requests
for
   a command-line version of BINDCtrl for NT.  Basically it would be the
same
   as ndc on Unix.  I'm very busy rgiht now, but it's on my list if I can
just get
   to it.  It's not hard, it just takes time.

>I need the statistics to be logged periodically to a file so I can run mrtg
>on them.

         Which set? The one that goes to the event log or the named.stats?
   They are different.

>Thanks
>Lubna

         Danny