Secondary DNS issues! HELP!

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Wed Jan 24 09:15:51 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:13:55AM +0000, sgesler at yahoo.com wrote:
> I am currently using Bind 8.2.2-P5 on RedHat 7.

8.2.2-P5 has known security problems. Read
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2000-107.html

> I am getting an err To Serial on only two domains - not any of the
> others.
> What am I missing here?? Am I forgetting something simple?

It's likely that the master nameserver is not serving the zones
authoritatively. Check the logs on the master for any errors or
warnings and fix the problems that prevented it loading the zones
correctly.
Failing that, please supply the actual error message and zone names
involved. Nobody here's psychic (that I know of).

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's