DNS & BIND (O'Reilly book)

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Jan 24 08:58:56 UTC 2001

    >> BIND 8 is more proven and stable than BIND 9.  You might want
    >> to just set up a BIND 8 server.

    Helmlein> I agree; not that I've had many crashes with BIND 9

Have you filed any bug reports about these crashes? BTW some of the
problems people have found in BIND9 are actually faults in the OS's
threading software. [Not that this really matters because the end
result is an unresponsive name server.] To get around these problems
BIND9.1 can be compiled as a single-threaded application.