resolv.conf - sortlist ignored

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jan 23 00:50:46 UTC 2001

What version of BIND ships with NetBSD 1.5? Maybe it's a really ancient
one that doesn't support sortlist. A simpleminded way of checking this is
to do a strings on your resolver library object and see if the string
"sortlist" is in there; for instance, on Solaris, "strings
/usr/lib/libresolv.so | grep sortlist". I don't know what the equivalent
would be on NetBSD. You might also want to check the man pages of your OS,
e.g. "man resolv.conf" to see if sortlist is mentioned.

- Kevin