Changed IP - Old IP still active?

Gerald Waugh gerald at waugh.com
Sun Jan 21 16:24:20 UTC 2001

"Thor Kottelin" <thor at anta.net> wrote in message
news:94earh$sgd at pub3.rc.vix.com...

> Gerald Waugh wrote:
>
> > I changed the IP of fsn3.frontstreetnetworks.com to 216.175.178.42 from
> > 216.175.178.45
> > The IP SOMETIMES comes up as the old IP 216.175.178.45. and the site is not
reachable.

> Looks like glue:
> > root
> Default Server:  A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
> Address:  198.41.0.4
> > fsn3.frontstreetnetworks.com.
> Server:  A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
> Address:  198.41.0.4
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:    fsn3.frontstreetnetworks.com
> Address:  216.175.178.45
> Maybe you forgot to tell the relevant ICANN registrars about the change?
>
> Thor

I believe the problem has something to do with the fact that when
frontstreetnetworks.com was registered at register.com, fsn3 was one of the
nameservers. I then transferred the domain to OpenSRS, later deleted fsn3 as a
nameserver. Some how, fsn3 must still be in the root database as a nameserver at
address .45.

Now just how the heck am I going to correct this situation.
I could change the IP of fsn3 back to .45 ?
What is the best solution?
Thanks, Gerald