DDNS from Win2k DC troubles

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Sat Jan 20 22:05:38 UTC 2001

	We have created 4 subdomains of our active directory
	root:  _msdcs.company.com, _udp.company.com, _tcp.company.com
	and _sites.company.com.  Dynamic updates are allowed
	only on these four domains, only by domain controllers.
	This keeps our toplevel company.com domain free from
	any mis-behaved MS machines and the updates they may
	attempt.

-Tim

http://www.dnsconsultants.com
DNS and other network consulting