Changes to zone file not occuring

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Fri Jan 19 10:08:21 UTC 2001

> Thanks for all your help - much appreciated.
>=20
> I have just noticed that as mentioned a second domain on here =
delegated to
> the same name servers has had a successful update - according to
> aunic.net name status report - with a serial current to early this =
morning
> with an updated serial.
>=20
> I have enclosed the zone file for it as i did earlier with the others =
-
> any suggestions? Would it still be the same problem??? This has =
everyone
> here stumped.

Have you checked whether you arein fact seeing SOA queries for
the other zone?

>=20
>=20
> ------ZONE FILE -- chement.com.au -------
>=20
> ; chement.com.au zone file
> ; created 2/1/01 at at ah.net last edit by matt at informetech.com
> $ORIGIN chement.com.au.
> @       IN      SOA     chement.com.au.  matt.informetech.com.

The first field in the SOA should be name ofthe master nameserver =
(MNAME),
not the zonename. So it should be informetech.com. here.

>                         (2001011901 86400 3600 6048000 184600)

The opening parenthesis belongs on the first line (the line to be =
continued),
not on the continuing line..

>         IN      NS      informetech.com.
>         IN      NS      NS1.telstra.net.
>         IN      MX      10 mail.informetech.com.
>         IN      A       203.52.96.1
> $ORIGIN chement.com.au.

No need to repeatthe $ORIGIN if it is the same as above..