Debugging output in named.run

Questions Answers qanda01 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 18:53:14 UTC 2001

Hello

I am running BIND 8.2.2 P7 on RH 6.2
I was going through the name.run file looking for
similar debugging output, as illustrated in the "DNS
and BIND" (3rd Edition) book, by Paul Albitz and
Cricket Liu, on page 290.

The problem is I cannot see those kinds of
"meaningful" messages which make sense( as in the
refered page). All I get are messages like :

select() returns 1 (err: none)
Dispatch.File: fd 22, mask 0x1, func 0x805e2a0, uap
0x401162fc
evGetNext: fdCount 0
pselect(32, 0xfff000a0, 0x0, 0x0, 849.393366000)

which are not much help for debugging!

I am running at trace level 13. And I assume that the
#ifdef DEBUGs in the named code are activated by the
#define DEBUG in  src/bin/named/named.h Line 23

I am not sure what is wrong. Any help ?

Thanks much.