BIND 9.0.1 creating high CPU usage

Mohammed Ghanawi mohammed.ghanawi at hct.ac.ae
Sat Jan 13 05:34:21 UTC 2001

Hello Iris

I am still monitoring the problem, I have blocked recursive queries from outside our
domain, and still under monitoring. By the way, I am interested in knowing how many
clients on average access your DNS ?

We have around 7500 clients ...

Regards ...

Iris Silva wrote:

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I wonder if you have this situation solved.
> > I have the same problem here and I don't know what to do exactly.
> >
> > Have you found something useful to guess what the problem is?
> >
> > PD: I found your email in the BIND User Mailing list archive :-)
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >

> > >From: Mohammed Ghanawi <mohammed.ghanawi at ISC-Nospam.hct.ac.ae>
> > >Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 02:23:23 +0400
> > >Subject: CPU Usage

> > >I just installed Bind 9.0.1, and the CPU usage every now and then
> > >reaches 50%, any ideas why is that ?

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: mohammed.ghanawi.vcf
-- Desc: Card for Mohammed Ghanawi