not authoritative

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jan 12 22:04:09 UTC 2001

If you only want to use the range privately, then you'd probably be best off
using one of the RFC 1918 ranges such as 10/8 or 192.168/16, instead of the
range Verio delegated to you. In that case, just set up 10.in-addr.arpa or
168.192.in-addr.arpa on your nameserver and add the relevant PTR records.

If and when it comes time to manage reverse records for your *external* boxes,
then that address range from Verio might come in handy. But you'll have to talk
to Verio about how to delegate it, either by delegating a zone for each
individual address in the range, or using the RFC 2317 (aliasing) technique.
Since they own the parent (/24) domain, they get to choose how they want to
delegate.

- Kevin