not authoritative

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jan 12 21:45:54 UTC 2001

In article <93nrv1$jqp at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Steven Fagan  <SFagan at evokesoft.com> wrote:

>So I can't do a partial C unless I do it one address at a time?

Well, you could cheat and make yourself primary for the entire class C.
Since the domain isn't actually delegated to you, no one outside your
network will ever see see this, so it should have no impact on the rest of
the Internet.  It would just mean that you would not be able to do reverse
lookups of other addresses in the same class C as you.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA