A BIND 8 syntax question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jan 11 00:39:17 UTC 2001

Chris Leppink wrote:

> Below is my BIND 8.2.2 named.conf file (running on NT).  What is the syntax
> to allow zone transfers to multiple IP/Name servers???

You should just be able to list them, e.g. allow-transfer { x.x.x.x; y.y.y.y;
};

> And what would bethe syntax to allow transfers to any secondary requesting
> my zone files???

allow-transfer { any; };

Note that this is implicitly the *global* default, so you'd only need this in
a zone statement if your global default was changed to something more
restrictive. Otherwise, simply omit the allow-transfer.

- Kevin