A simple question

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Jan 10 15:35:04 UTC 2001

In article <93h5bu$o0f at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
 <istvan.takacs at szerencsejatek.hu> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to set up an ftp server, which runs on an existing http server:
>
>$TTL            7200
>@               SOA     fw.something.hu. postmaster.something.hu. (
>                                2001010902
>                                14400
>                                3600
>                                2592000
>                                7200
>                        )
>                NS      fw.something.hu.
>                NS      ns0.matav.hu.
>
>                MX      10 fw
>
>ftp             CNAME   www.something.hu.
>fw              A       195.228.216.130
>www          A       195.228.216.130
>mail           A       195.228.216.130
>
>But it doesn't work.
>I can connect to mail.something.hu, www.something.hu, but
>I can't reach fw.something.hu, nor ftp.something.hu
>All of them have the same IP address.

What you've written should work.  Since it doesn't, there's obviously a
difference between what you wrote above and what's in the real domain.  But
since you haven't given us your real domain, there's no way for us to
figure out what the real problem is.  So I guess you're on your own.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA