Multiple bind's on one box

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Jan 10 08:37:51 UTC 2001

> Hiya,
>
> I would like to setup a bind server so that
> one copy of bind listens on my external Internet
> address and another completly seperate copy
> listens on my internal lan address. I see that
> bind has a listen-on option but can it be used
> to run multiple copies of bind at the same time?

	Yes.  There are a number of options that you will need to
	set to avoid conflicts with each other.  I'd recommend
	leaving one server on the defaults and just changing one.

	If you look at options and controls it should be pretty
	obvious which ones need to be changed, i.e. absolute paths.

> Am I going to have any disadvantages to do this?

	No.

> How will ndc work in this case?

	You tell it which named to talk to.

--