Delegation of in-addr.arpa.

Igor Shabaltas shaber at zembu.com
Tue Jan 9 20:41:22 UTC 2001

Hi, Folks

1)  In addition setup HP also as secondary server for all your subdomains
(forward & reverse zones)
2)  Setup HP as primary for the zone 98.10.in-addr.arpa. and put only NS RRs
for your subdomains there.
3) Also in named.conf you can use 'forward only' option in zone statements
for 60.98.10.in-addr.arpa. & 61.98.10.in-addr.arpa.  with  "forwarders
 10.98.6x.x; };" list pointed to appropriate server.
---
Igor Shabaltas

> Hello Admins,
>
> We have an internal DNS server running on HP (v4.9.7) which is also a
primary
> root server. We also need to resolve external hosts
> so we have a forwarders option which is pointing to our gateway server
(which
> doesn't know about internal hosts). The setup is working OK until ...
>
> We delegated a subdomain (lev1.myinternal.com) to a linux server with
address
> space 10.98.60.x. This linux server, in turn has delegated
> a sub domain (lev2.lev1.myinternal.com) to an NT server running WINS and
DNS