About A queries

Questions Answers qanda01 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 01:19:06 UTC 2001

I am in dire distress now! Please help me !
I am using BIND 8.2.2-P7 and need to hack some BIND
code for my use.
The scenario is this : I have an NS which is
authoritative for a domain. I expect that when this NS
gets a request for name resolution(name to IP, that is
an A type query) for the domain, it is an authority
for, there would be  _one_ place in the code where the
answer would be assigned, in some structure. And this
structure is finally returned to the querying
resolver.
(Please correct me if I am mistaken). I just need to
find out this point in the code. I do not care about
other types of queries/zone transfers.

I could make some sense out of the ns_resp() and
ns_req() functions in src/bin/named/ns_resp.c and
src/bin/named/ns_req.c, but not quite so much to help
me :)

If there is someone who could, please, help me out
here, I would be grateful!!

Thanks a lot