Classless in-addr.arpa delegation

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Sat Jan 6 00:55:55 UTC 2001

	If you are delegating a whole class C, RFC2317 does
	not need to be used.  Only when you are delegating
	on non-octet boundries, ie less than a /24 do you need
	to do classless in-addr.arpa delegation.

	If you have been delegated 16.172.in-addr.arpa, then in the
	zone file for that zone, you can have:

	5.16.172.in-addr.arpa.	IN	NS other.name.server.here.
				IN	NS second.name.server.here.
	This would delegate 172.16.5.0/24 to the 2 ns's listed.

-Tim