Help: setting a CNAME record for the domain

Erik Aronesty erik at primedata.org
Sun Feb 25 15:50:08 UTC 2001

Dear Tal,

Dues to ISC's interpretation of the DNS specification, the fact that this zone happens to be at the "root" of a particular "text file" means it *can not have a CNAME* in 8.2.3.

You can get around this in 3 ways:

1 - Copy all of the resource records from teiko.ontero.net. to your server on a regular basis (IE: don't use cnames).
2 - Make an entry in the ".com" zone for "teiko".
3 - Patch BIND to allow cnames - no matter where they occur in the tree of zone info (I have the source for load_db.c if you need it)

			- Erik