New Serial Number

Jeff Medcalf medcalf at caerdroia.org
Wed Feb 28 18:55:54 UTC 2001

On 2/28/01 10:02 AM, [ADM]RS spake thus:

>Can people give me some advice/experiences on getting my serial number back
>down to this value i.e. YYYYMMDDNN
>
>as on some of my zones s/n have got rather high.
>
>I am running bind 8.2.3.
>
>Thanks in advance

If the serial numbers are higher than what you want, the best way I know
is to change the serial number, then do a manual named-xfer with a serial
of 0 on all of the slaves.  This is not always practical if you have a
large number of slaves, but could be scripted fairly easily in that case.

-jeff