Weird nslookup result on a non-existant domain.

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Feb 24 01:35:06 UTC 2001

Looks like you have a wildcard CNAME entry in mydomain.dk. Either get rid
of that or get rid of the default domain or searchlist from
/etc/resolv.conf, or just dot-terminate all external names when using
nslookup (note that "dig" doesn't suffer from this bogosity).

- Kevin

P.S. Re: your .sig. By the way, UNIX will be a full billion years old, as
measured by ctime, later this year. But BonaFideGeeks(tm) will probably
prefer to celebrate at 2^30 seconds (C1G or "ctime 1 gig"), which doesn't
happen until 2004.