Hijacking third party DNS servers?

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Sat Feb 24 00:15:28 UTC 2001

	It is true to say that any publicly addressed server
	on the internet is free to be queried for a given
	domain if it is advertsied as authoritative for that
	domain.  If you don't like people querying for hosts
	in zones you do not host, do as the quoted excerpt
	sugggests and restrict recursion.  If you are a caching
	only nameserver, and only want your known clients to
	be able to query it, then restrict queries.

-Tim

http://www.dnsconsultants.com
DNS and other network consulting