how can I find all the DNS servers on my network

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Feb 23 19:33:21 UTC 2001

    Julie> Is anyway to let me find out how many DNS servers in our
    Julie> network?

Not really. You could physically check every computer on your net but
who's to say if someone starts or stops a name server on it before,
during or after the check?

    Julie> I am going to check and upgrade our DNS servers. I want to
    Julie> know if any possible I miss some of them?

The best you could do is upgrade the servers you know about. Checking
all the NS records in your zone file(s), especially in delegated
zones might identify some others that you hadn't been told about. As
for any others, who knows?