Forwarding hits from a domain to a free web page?

Owen McShane omcshane at vianetworks.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 08:46:06 UTC 2001

Hi,

[owen at bass owen]$ host catalog.stormloader.com
catalog.stormloader.com. has address 209.25.223.227

visiting catalog.stormloader.com and 209.25.223.227 in a browser gives
different results, which means the web hosting company is using name based
virtual hosts.

Hence you cannot simply set up:

www.cadables.com.	IN	CNAME	catalog.stormloader.com.

The web hosting company would need to set up server side config for this to
work.

Alternatively you could set up a framset on the existing website so that it
simply pulled in catalog.stormloader.com as a frame.

hth

Owen

--
 U-NET Ltd, a Via Net.Works Company