named terminating on multiple servers

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Feb 21 22:50:49 UTC 2001

I would assume that you've been cracked and act accordingly. The
*released* version of BIND 8.2.3 doesn't have the root exploit, but T6B
probably did. But just upgrading to 8.2.3-REL isn't going to remove any
Trojan Horses that the cracker may have installed on your system. Do an
audit and (preferably) a reload of the affected boxes.

- Kevin