dynamic dns errors in log?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Feb 21 22:20:05 UTC 2001

Read that "unapproved update" as "denied update". No update was made. It was
denied.

Why is this happening? Who knows? Why am I getting update requests over the
Internet for jeep.com and a whole bunch of other domains, some of which are
"dead" (domains purchased for marketing campaigns that finished years ago).
Win2K and some other braindead OS'es appear to pick domains essentially at
random and then try to make Dynamic Updates to them. Go figure...

Maybe we should put together a class action lawsuit against Microsoft _et_al_
for "negligent theft of resources". Or just report these incidents to the
FBI as suspected cracking attempts.

- Kevin