Bind 8.2

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 20 23:14:04 UTC 2001

I sure hope you mean BIND 8.2.3! There are serious security problems with all
earlier versions of BIND.

As for your resolution problems, you need to provide much more information. Is
your server on the Internet, outside of any firewalls? Or is it behind a
firewall? If it is behind a firewall, what ports have been opened up to allow
DNS, and in which direction? Or, if you're behind a firewall which *blocks* DNS
packets, are you set up to forward to some other nameserver (possibly running
on the firewall itself)? How is that forwarding configured?

- Kevin