$TTL issue?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 20 23:07:28 UTC 2001

Well, first of all, whether or not your own master zones are loading properly
shouldn't really affect your nameserver's ability to resolve name in other
domains (unless you're doing something strange like "mirroring" the Internet
root zone).

Moreover, as you said, in the absence of a $TTL directive, BIND should be using
the SOA negative caching TTL as the default TTL.

I would look elsewhere for the cause. Check the logs. Turn on debugging.

- Kevin