version question

Timothy.Moseley at hurlburt.af.mil Timothy.Moseley at hurlburt.af.mil
Fri Feb 16 21:06:18 UTC 2001

I did the which and the find, the which comes back with
/usr/local/sbin/named and the find comes back with the one in the sbin dir
and also the ones in the actual build dir /bind/bind823/src/..(you know what
I mean). This just doesn't make any sense what so ever. Two other machines
with same upgrade both work and report correct version, this one runs the
correct version according to the logs but still reports wrong version when
named -v is ran. A process show w/ a grep on named comes back with
/usr/local/sbin/named and the grep on named but shows no other named
executable running.???? The only reason I am pursuing this, as you can tell
by address, mil is very strict when it comes to versions. This machine must
show version correctly.