DNS Delegation

Vivek vivek_singhjadon at lycos.com
Fri Feb 16 20:18:36 UTC 2001

Hi ,
Well sorry for this newbie questoin, I have been given a task to get a DNS running for my deptt, and the delegation has been requested to  our parent (unknown.com ) which is currently doing resolution for us ( some.unknown.com. )
The subnets we were allocated are
12x.2x.243.low , 12x.2x.250.low and 12x.2x.213.low etc
with all having masks of 255.255.255.128.
Now since we cannot own the whole subnet as rewiring is impossible  and  we currently share IP's on the same subnet randomly in no fix sequence with other departments who get their resolution from ( unknown.com) , like 12x.2x.243.2-7 belongs to us 12x.2x.243.8-13 belongs to Other deptt, and likewise.
  Now the parent runs 8.2 , is it possible for them to delegate to us with other deptts still being resolved by them on the same subnets. Pl. lemme be informed before they tell me some crap for not doing this.
   THanks

---

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html