tcp_send: bind(query_source): Permission denied

Kenneth Porter shiva at well.com
Thu Feb 15 19:49:56 UTC 2001

I'm running 8.2.3 and I'm getting this message a few times a day in my
/var/log/messages file. I've seen some patches on the list to deal with
this, but my main concern is why this is showing up in a syslog file
when I have all logging channels set up to go to unique files in
/var/log/named. Does this message not go through a BIND logging channel
but straight to syslog?

Ken
mailto:shiva at well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]