reverse lookup!!! where to get it fixed..

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Wed Feb 14 06:41:59 UTC 2001

>hello all...
>well i have checked my config: and also read the replies i got..
>thanks for it..
>correct me if i am wrong..
>if my reverse lookup is not workin from out side the domain.
>then that means that (probably) the parent network dosent have the
>maping of my reverse look up (its child network)

it's called "reverse zone delegation", from an upstream DNS to your DNS.

dig -x ip.ad.re.ss

for one of your ip's to see where the reverse delegation stops now.

>is my understanding correct..?????
>if yes then how to proceed ..so that the reverse lookups start
>working from out side the domain..

Ask your upstream to do it, you can't.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 for NT4 & W2K