Reverse Lookup Fails???

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Feb 14 03:52:51 UTC 2001

Joseph S D Yao wrote:

> It has been pointed out that 'nslookup' is not the most trustable
> program.  My opinion is that it should be made more trustable, since
> the output is much more usable for "everyone else" than the output of a
> superior-for-the-cognoscenti tool like 'dig'.

I think that effort was put into "host" -- something that's more trustworthy than "nslookup" without the scary output format of "dig". The verbose output format of "host" is quite similar to the default output of "dig", so, unlike "nslookup", it even helps folks make their way up the learning curve...

                                                                                                                              - Kevin