newbie question

Ken Fischer kenf at junebug.org
Mon Feb 12 02:29:12 UTC 2001

Bernd,

resolv.conf only affects the way that the local machine handles
name resolution.  In this case, it tells the SuSE box how to handle
lookups for it's processes.  It won't affect remote machines (the
Windows box, in this case.)

In the advanced TCP/IP settings, DNS tab, there should be an
option for "Append these DNS suffixes".  That is where you need
to put the Domain name (so that your Win2K machine knows what to
add to unqualified names).

--
Ken Fischer, CCNA  <kenf at junebug.org>
PGP Fingerprint: 9523 54B6 D67B BBFB 53B3  2F3B 7E81 0891 C495 CB50