Bizarre DNS Problem - Now you see it, now you don't ...

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Mon Feb 12 01:34:28 UTC 2001

> Hi all,
>     Here's the bizarre part:
>
>     - every day for a few hours, I am able to type in:
> www.mydomain.foo and
> access my web page but then a few hours later when I try the same domain, my
> browser comes up with the error:  Cannot find server or DNS Error.  Almost
> as though the DNS server is no longer working.

Most likely a problem withthe delegation or a secondary nameserver not
obtaining an updated zone. If you had posted your real domainname (and
some info on which your nameservers are, which their IP addresses (old and new) etc)
one could check this out. W/o this info: guesswork at best, and one does not like to speculate.