Win2K prof and Bind 8.2.3. Win2K nslookup vs supplied nslookup behavior

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Sun Feb 11 03:01:32 UTC 2001

	This first nslookup is attempting to query 127.0.0.1, which
	reverse resolves fine.  The second is attempting to query
	192.168.1.248.  The server is not able to reverse resolve
	itself (a requirement of nslookup) so it fails.  I belive
	the nslookup supplied with BIND 8.2.3 will look in a
	resolv.conf file, while the Win2k supplied nslookup will
	look in the registry for the setting found in the network
	properties.

-Tim

http://www.dnsconsultants.com
DNS and other network consulting