Bind 9.1.0 on Solaris?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Feb 8 23:47:01 UTC 2001

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 03:33:32PM -0500, Ivica Popovic - YYZ wrote:
> I have on my internal network 2 name servers on Sun Solaris machines.
> Primary is on Solaris 2.6 and currently running BIND 4.9.4, and secondary is
> on Solaris 2.5.1 running BIND 4.9.3.
> I want to upgrade to BIND 9.1.0 but I am not shure is it possible to install
> it on Solaris 2.5.1. If it is not possible please advise what to do.

It installed and ran for me with absolutely no problems on a Solaris
2.5.1 box.  I did have to create /var/run: when I make it for internal
distribution, I will change that and the fact that it installs into
/usr/local/.

Judging from the release candidate of 9.1.1, though, you might be well
advised to wait for that.  ;-)

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B