BIND plugin

Bryan Bradsby Bryan.Bradsby at capnet.state.tx.us
Thu Feb 8 20:35:01 UTC 2001

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Gareth Bromley wrote:

> Look at the following products:
> - 3DNS from F5

Has 3DNS fixed their annoying habit of querying my DNS servers for the
"VERSION.BIND" TXT record in the Chaos class?  My Intrusion Detectors
don't like that, for some strange reason  ;-}

> - Distributed director from Cisco

That one sends simultaneous bursts of FIN packets to my DNS servers from
servers all over the world destined for my port 1024. That triggers a
different alarm.  ICMP port unreach 300+ packets per second outgoing
bandwidth limit.

> --Gareth Bromley
> Managing Director, Int* Consulting Ltd

All I want is for purveyors of distributed content to quit setting off
false alarms. Hopefully not to large a request.

-bryan bradsby