Dynamic DNS

Pierre LEONARD Pierre.Leonard at edf.fr
Wed Feb 7 09:10:48 UTC 2001

Hi Kevin,

> A 60-second TTL on the A record of one of your NS'es would be very
 inefficient. Other nameservers would be constantly having to re-fetch that A
 record. It would be next to useless. And 60 seconds might not
be long enough to prevent the hijacking either, depending on how quickly the
 DHCP server might give your old address to someone else after you've released it.

Yes it's the problem of the dynamically  DNS to generate a more important traffic.
And I undestand better the security aspect of  dynamic addresses.

I am one the way to find a static IP address for our secondary DNS.

I thank you  a lot for the time you spend to answer to me.

Sincerely

Pierre Léonard