Bind 9.1.0 lockups, Bind 9.2 snapshot

James Hood jhood at us.telia.net
Tue Feb 6 21:27:32 UTC 2001

Everyone who is having problems with Bind 9.1.0 crashing / locking up /
freezing after a few hours / up to 12 hours of usage please post to this
list.  A few people have written about their 9.1.0 lockups (Loren Jan Wilson
and Scott Hollatz) , and I'm experiencing the same thing on a Sun E250 w/256
megs of RAM.

Mark Andrews at Nominum wrote in response to a user who wrote about Tru64
crashes, "This is fixed in 9.1.1."

I looked for 9.1.1 on the ISC FTP site, but could only find a 9.2.0
snapshot.  Is there an alternate location for new snapshots, CVS, etc?
Forgive my ignorance of Bind development.

As I write this, I'm compiling the 9.2.0 snapshot from the FTP site.  If
that results in lockups, I guess I'll have to back up to 8.2.3.

Thanks,
Jim