BIND 9 needs both forward and reverse

Owen McShane omcshane at vianetworks.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 13:40:35 UTC 2001

Interestingly, this would appear to tie in with a problem our customers have
with querying the name servers belonging to fasthosts.co.uk

If anyone wants to try, use a Bind 9.1.0 server to:

dig fasthosts.co.uk soa

then try the same thing on a Bind 8.x server

dns.fasthosts.co.uk does not have reverse.

Cheers,

Owen

--
 U-NET Ltd, a Via Net.Works Company