DNS with bind8 & 2 IPs

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 6 05:20:14 UTC 2001

Alexander Ottl wrote:

> peter at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu.invalid wrote:
> >
> > Pen <anonym.spam.hate at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Ihave one server which had get a second nic. The second ip is in a
> > > differnent subnet than the first. how does i set this in the .conf files???
> >
> > > thank you
> >
> > Bitte das manual studieren !
>
> This is basically a correct german sentence and makes sense.
>
> > Alle addresses ist gebruched.
>
> This is not and does not. But it makes me smile.
> Please don't feel insulted. What are you actually trying to say?

If I had to guess, I'd say "all addresses are used". But doesn't it translate more
like "all addresses are second-hand (gebraucht)" or something like that ? :-)
I can understand why that would make you smile...

(Notice that I am not bold enough to attempt my own complete reverse-translation,
but I suspect that benutzen is probably a better choice of verb.)

- Kevin