non-local queries died on upgrade to 8.2.3

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 6 04:52:46 UTC 2001

Define the root zone as "type hint" *only*. Since you are forwarding, this is
the only reasonable setting. I'm not quite sure what you were trying to
accomplish by configuring root as "type master"; if you want to serve internal
domains in addition to forwarding for Internet names, then you have to define
your internal domains in such a way as to distinguish them from Internet ones,
e.g. at the "example.com" level or farther down in the hierarchy.

I'm very surprised that this configuration worked under 8.2...

- Kevin