Virtual Domain

Gerald Waugh gerald at waugh.com
Tue Feb 6 03:07:48 UTC 2001

"EL CiD" <NOSPAM.elcid at pinolero.net> wrote in message
news:95n201$rbq at pub3.rc.vix.com...
> Could someone here be so kind as to point me to the right direction??
> I want to be able to host a virtual domain.  I only have one IP, and
> this alread has a name pointing to it.  So multiple domain to a single
> IP.  so far, no luck.. I am going nuts due to lack of sleep!!.  could
> someone be so kind as to show me  sample configuration.

1. Register the Domain Name

2. Create a zone file for the Domain.

3. In the zone file; db.my-new-domain.com
#The $TTL <value>
#The SOA Header
#The Nameservers
#Min body entries:
my-new-domain.com.           in   a   the.org.ip.address
www.my-new-domain.com.   in   a   the.org.ip.address
my-new-domain.com.           in    mx  10 my-new-domain.com.

4. In Master named.conf, a line;
zone "my-new-domain.com" { type master; file "db.my-new-domain.com"; };

5. In Slave named.conf, a line;
zone "my-new-domain.com" { type slave; file "db.my-new-domain.com"; masters {
master-ip-address;
 }; };

6. In httpd.conf an entry:
Make a <VirtualHost> entries </VirtualHost>

Works for me.