FW: BIND plugin

Adrian Stovall AdrianS at pfk.com
Mon Feb 5 20:57:14 UTC 2001

Write a script...

Make a zonefile header, and have a script ping everybody (at a
pre-determined interval) to see who's alive and dump the names of the living
into a text file.  Use the contents of this text file to generate a line to
add to the zone file header (repeat for each living address), and stop
named, copy the new zonefile to the proper location, and restart named.

You don't have to modifiy BIND, you just have to let it know what to tell
everyone.