is there a way to look up all subdomains of a primary domain? (was: $include)

Charles Bodley Bodley at tflogic.com
Mon Feb 5 20:30:51 UTC 2001

Named Generates this response
[bodley at ns1 bodley]$ named-xfer -z boyleplanning.com -f db.temp_com
207.0.68.8
named-xfer[16739]: send AXFR query 0 to 207.0.68.8
named-xfer[16739]: [[216.23.61.146].1564] transfer refused from
[207.0.68.8], zone boyleplanning.com

Dig cannot locate subdomains (or at least I don't know how).

nslookup Generates this response
[bodley at ns1 bodley]$ whois boyleplanning.com
[whois.internic.net]

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Domain Name: BOYLEPLANNING.COM
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: DNS2.DWAVE.NET
   Name Server: DNS.DWAVE.NET
   Updated Date: 27-may-1999

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:22:29 EST <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

[bodley at ns1 bodley]$ nslookup
Default Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

> server DNS2.DWAVE.NET
Default Server:  DNS2.DWAVE.NET
Address:  207.0.69.1

> ls -d boyleplanning.com
[DNS2.DWAVE.NET]
*** Can't list domain boyleplanning.com: Unspecified error

Is there something I'm forgetting or is the only option left to call them?