Way Wrong! /etc gets set o-rx on named startup!

Christopher Denney chris at isis.bbmbc.org
Fri Feb 2 22:57:24 UTC 2001

This is a real problem for me I just installed 8.2.3 on a Solaris 2.5.1
server, and every time I start named it does the functional equivalent of a
"chmod o-rx /etc" command. This, of course, hoses my system. Can anyone
perhaps enlighten me as to what setting needs modification to rectify this
situation? I can't really afford to experiment for what works 'cause my
users get bumped every time /etc's permissions get changed.

I did, at one time, have the named.conf in the /etc directory with a soft
link from the dir that named actually wanted. (/usr/local/etc) And also had
the ndc widget in /etc. Moved both of them to the actual directory that
named expects. (default; w/o site files.)

--
    -- Cd --                    Christopher Denney
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..." -Isaac