BIND9 Performance...

Brad Diggs bradley.diggs at sun.com
Fri Feb 2 18:22:32 UTC 2001

What is the best performance (requests per second)
that anyone has been able to squeeze out of BIND 9.x
on a single server (single or multiple processor)?
This could include any subversion of 9.

I have done a significant number of BIND benchmarks
over the last two weeks on several servers.  The best
performance that I have achieved on BIND 9 thus far
was 5,211 requests per second with an average of
5,197 requests per second on a four 450MHz processor
Sun Enterprise 420.

Nicolai Langfeldt states in his book "The Conscise Guide
to DNS and BIND" that 15,000-2000 lookups per second
have been reported in the July 2000 bind users mailing
list.  However, I have been unable to find this info.

Can someone provide the subject of that thread so that
I can find it and does anyone know the server
configuration that those numbers were created on?

Thanks in advance,
Brad Diggs

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: Brad Diggs.vcf